NOTICES FOR THE WEEK
31st Oct/ 1st Nov, 2015
- Good News and First Communion Classes as usual. Children who would like to take part in the Inaugural Opening (dancing) of the Andrean Fair are invited for practice on Sunday, 1st November at 4.00 pm.
- Mission SONshine announces the Marian Novena ‘follow–up’ environment – ‘FUNSHOP’ The Earth Crusade – a 7-day funfilled programme from 9th-5th November from 9.00 am – 11.00 am. Registration at the Parish Office @ Rs. 50/= for children 5 yrs and above.
- Peter’s Parish is conducting an Inter Parish Bible Quiz Competition for Senior Citizens on November 1st from 6.30 pm onwards in their School Hall. We encourage all our parishioners to go and cheer our Senior Citizen Team.
- Monday, 2nd November is All Souls’ Day. Masses in the morning as usual. The blessing of the graves will be done after the 7.00 am Mass.
In the evening Masses & Novenas as follows:
Mass – 5.00 pm followed by Miraculous Medal Novena at 5.30 pm
Mass – 6.00 pm
Miraculous Medal Novena – 7.15 pm followed by Mass at 7.30 pm
All the Masses on 2nd November will be offered for your dear departed ones. A special box marked ‘Mass Intentions’ has been kept on the side Altar, left side of the Church. Kindly drop your Mass Intentions together with whatever stipend you like into that box only.
- The Women’s Cell will be selling T-lights and diyas made by the ‘Differently Abled School Children’ run by the St. Anne’s Nuns, Chimbai at Talegaon on Sunday, 1st Nov after the evening Mass and Monday, 2nd The proceeds will help the Nuns in educating these children. Kindly patronise.
- The Bombay Catholic Sabha Awards for Academic Excellence for the year 2014-15 will be held on 13th December. Forms to be submitted by 18th November to St. Michael’s Church. For further details kindly refer to the notice board.
- The 400 year celebration will begin on 22nd November with the release of a book on St. Andrew Church after the Adoration on the Feast of Christ the King on the school grounds. This will be followed by the Andrean Fair 2015 which will be held on 27th, 28th and 29th November on St. Andrew School grounds. Those who would like to volunteer, please attend the meeting on Wednesday 4th Nov at 8 pm. Parishioners are also requested to donate gifts for the games, each gift should be worth at least Rs. 50.- You may also donate items for the White Elephant stall, making sure it is what someone else would buy.
Diwali is round the corner and if you wish to give away the Diwali gift that you may receive, we’d be happy to receive it. These may be dropped off at the parish office during office hours only starting from 9th November.
- Kindly see the notice board:
- Don Bosco Centre for Learning, Kurla – Post Graduate Certification Course in Digital Marketing.
- Holy Family Hospital will be celebrating World Diabetes Day on Wednesday, 18th November, 2015.
- Mission Sunday Collection as follows:
SCC Communities – Rs. 1,17,802/=
Envelopes (Cash & Cheques) Rs. 1,07,090/=
Total Mission Sunday Collection – Rs. 2,24,892/=