Laity Sunday 25th June, 2017
NOTICES FOR THE WEEK
24th / 25th June, 2017
1. Today is Laity Sunday. Cardinal Oswald Gracias has set aside 25th June as LAITY SUNDAY. He invites all of us to continue to make a special effort to focus on how we lay faithful can continue the spiritual and corporal works of mercy in our homes, parishes and society at large.
2. The Office for Lay Collaboration in Ministry invites you to an Archdiocesan Assembly of Lay Heads & Asstt. Heads of Parish Cells, Teams, Groups and all Ecclesial Associations on Laity Sunday, 25th June at Dr. Antonio D’Silva High School (P.T. Hall) from 5.00 – 7.30 pm. Those interested may kindly collect passes from the Sacristy.
3. There will be a meeting of the new Confirmation Candidates and their parents on Friday, 30th June at 8.00 pm in the Church and not on Saturday, 1st July as mentioned in the form.
4. All Parish Youth are cordially invited for a special Youth Mass on Sunday, 2nd July at 10.30 am in the St. Andrew’s College Chapel. There will be a special blessing over the youth.
5. The Bombay Catholic Sabha will hold its AGM on Friday, 30th June from 6.30 pm–7.30 pm in Room No: 1.
6. St. Peter’s Health Cell is conducting BMD Camp on 30th June from 9.00 am to 12.00 noon to detect Oesteopenia & Osteoporosis. Kindly register your name at St. Peter’s Parish Office from 5.00 – 7.00 pm (Monday – Friday)
7. The next course in Pre-Baptismal Catechesis will be held on 3 consecutive Fridays beginning on the 7th of July at 7.00 pm in Room No: 1. Newly expectant parents are requested to collect the registration forms from the parish office.
8. The Key functioning of SCCs in a parish lies in training the Animators. With this in mind, a Training of Animators’ (TOA) Programme is organised every year. Bishop Agnelo, Bishop-in-charge of the SCCs has written requesting each parish to profit from this opportunity to have trained people for the SCCs. SCC Members who are interested may kindly contact the parish priest.
9. Kindly see the notice board:
1. Women’s Leadership Training Programme –Organised by Archdiocesan Women’s Commission.
2. Short Term Courses at College of Social Work, Nirmala Niketan.
3. For Biblical Courses in Greek & Hebrew