19th Sunday in Ordinary Time & Prison Ministry Sunday 13th August, 2017
NOTICES FOR THE WEEK
12th / 13th August, 2017
- Sunday, 13th August the Archdiocese of Bombay celebrates Prison Ministry Sunday. This year, the theme is “Forgiveness can’t undo the past, but can enlarge the future.” You are requested to pray for all our brothers and sisters in prisons, for the prison officials and also volunteers who keep in touch with our brothers and sisters in prisons/observation homes.
- The vocal and instrumental contest of Zonal 2017 for ages 16 and above, duets and quartets will be held on Sunday, 13th August at 2.30 pm at the auditorium. Passes will be available at the Auditorium throughout the programme.
- In order to raise funds to cover the expenses of the zonals, the North West Zone will be having their tuck-shop this evening and Sunday, 13th August after every Mass. Kindly patronize.
- Tuesday, 15th August is the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Masses timings as on Sundays. However there will be no Mass in Konkani at 5.00 pm.
- South East Zone will be having their tuck-shop on Monday, 14th August after the 7.15 evening Mass and on Sunday, 15th August after all masses. Kindly patronise.
- Eucharistic Ministers’ who would like to volunteer their services in the distribution of Holy Communion during the Novenas at the Mt. Mary’s Basilica should kindly fill in their names in the form kept in the Sacristy by Monday, 14th
- The passes for KripaNite on Tuesday, 15th August are available at the Kripa Office at Mt. Carmel Church.
- A reminder that the meeting of Ushers/volunteers, who wish to assist during the Novena/Octave Week, will be held at Mt. Mary’s Basilica on Tuesday, 15th August at 6.00 pm.
- Sunday, 20th August will be celebrated as Justice Sunday in the Archdiocese of Bombay.
- Green Window – A Hands-On Workshop on the Art of Windowsill Gardening will be conducted by Greenline on Sunday, 20th August at 10.30 am in the Bosco Hall. This workshop is open to all and being coordinated by the AYM and Family Cell. Kindly register at the Parish Office. Registration charges Rs. 50/=.
- Next Sunday, 20th August there will be a screening of the Movie “Poveda”at 7.00 pm in the Bosco Hall. The film is based on the life of St. Pedro Poveda, a Spanish priest, Martyr, Educator and Humanist. He is also the founder of the Teresian Association, an International Association of Lay women and men whose members work for social transformation.
- Kindly look up the notice board:
- Stop-Gaps Cultural Academy concert – Fun & Fantasy at the Tata Theatre, NCPA, Nariman Point on Saturday, 2nd
- Laity Training Centre a counselling course in Basic Counselling Skills on Sunday mornings at St. John the Evangelist Church, Marol.
- Vacancy for a dance teacher at The Apostolic Carmel Pre-Primary. Anyone interested should contact Sr. Thelma of Carmel Convent
- An awareness presentation followed by a live demonstration on Wednesday, 16th August at 6.00 pm at the St. Theresa’s School, Quadrangle for minority students in the Bandra Deanery.