Third Sunday of Easter.
- Last Sunday you were invited to sign letters of protest opposing the Draft Development Plan since it was going to affect the Apostolic Carmel School. This Sunday we want you to sign protest letters that affect the St. Andrew’s School ground. You are also invited to take part in a public protest at the Carter Rd promenade at 5.00 pm. on Sunday 19th April. By registering our protest in action and in words, we hope to get the Development Plan scrapped.
- The last census was done 10 years ago. We are updating the census with the help of Fr. Vincent D’Cruz. A new format of the census form has been prepared and will be given to the animators. Some of the fields in the form are to be tick marked and some filled. Please cooperate with the animators.
- The movie “Yours, Mine & Ours” for Evergreen Senior Citizens will be screened on Tuesday, 21st April at 5.00 pm in the Bosco Hall.
- The Christian Workers’ Movement and Lawrence & Mayo are organising a free Eye check-up camp next Sunday, 26th April from 8.15 am – 12.30 pm in the Bosco Hall. For registration please see the notice board.
- A fun-filled programme called ‘Youth Ignite” will be held 0n 26th April at St. Theresa’s Church Quadrangle from 10.30 – 1.00 pm. Entry Passes are priced at Rs. 30/= per head. For details see the poster.
- More applications for Eucharistic Ministers are invited urgently. Ex-Ministers and Youth are encouraged to apply for the current year. Present Ministers are requested to submit the names, addresses and telephone numbers of the sick they attend to Christine or Fr. Hilary within two weeks.
- Summer Camp for children of our parish will begin on 11th Registration forms available at the parish office in the morning
- A young couple from Ranwar, Sheldon and Marilyn Remedios, met with an accident. Sheldon is now OK but Marilyn is still in a coma. She was operated on and her condition is now stable. She is now beginning to breathe on her own. The chief surgeon has given a projected estimate of between Rs.15 to 20 lakhs. The whole parish needs to rally round this young couple who have 2 little girls. You may approach any of the Fathers for a donation. Cheques are to be made out in the name of Marilyn Remedios.
- The Feast of the old Patla cross at Bandra Reclamation will be celebrated on Sunday, 3rd May, 2015 at 6.30 pm. The preacher is Fr. Jude Fernandes SJ, principal, St. Stanislaus High School. The feast will be preceded by a Novena at 6.30 p.m.
- Dilkhush Teachers’ Training Centre at Juhu runs a Ed course in Special Education. It is a two year’s full time course, recognised by the Rehabilitation Council of India. Admissions are open. For details see the notice board.