27th Sunday of the year 26th August, 2018
NOTICES FOR THE WEEK
25th / 26th August, 2018
- Since Saturday, 1st September has been declared ‘World Day of Prayer for Creation’ and in keeping with the Holy Father’s Encyclical ‘Laudato Si’, Oswald Cardinal Gracias would like to initiate a process by which our Archdiocese will become a ‘Green Diocese’. The Bishop taking this initiative forward is Bishop Allwyn D’Silva.
- You are aware that the State of Kerala has been battered by torrential rains. The floods have caused havoc, misery and devastation. You can help the people of Kerala in the following ways: (a) A cheque to be drawn in favour of Centre for Social Action. The donation envelope should contain the contact details and the Pan no. of the donor. The cheque may be given at the parish office. Cheques made to this cause are eligible for exemption under section 80G. (b)Cash donations can also be deposited in the parish office. The collected amount will be sent to the Centre for Social Action. Cash donations are not eligible for 80G exemption.
- Steering Committee meeting on Monday, 27th Aug at 7:00 pm in the Bosco hall.
- In preparation for the Nativity of our Lady, a special nine-day novena will be conducted for children from 30th August to 8th September. On weekdays the novena will begin at 7.15 pm and Sat at 7.00 pm. On Sunday the novena will be held at the Children’s Mass at 8.00 am. Parents, please encourage your children to come for the novena.
- The culmination of the Jericho Prayer Service will be held at St. Peter’s Church on 29th August from 10.00 am to 1.00 pm with Mass. The celebrant will be Bishop Dominic Savio.
- The Stop-Gaps Cultural Academy is presenting its annual concert of music titled “Amazing Grace on Sunday 30th September at the Tata Theatre, Nariman Point. For further details please see the poster on the Church Notice Board.
- Last Sunday’s Collection amounted to Rs.76,540/=. This amount is for the parish and its projects. Box Collection Rs.11,757/=. We are grateful for your continuous support and generosity. May God bless you all.